With a circulation of around 15,000 it is the most widely read newspaper on the island.
Daily sections include:
- Opinion – The newspaper’s take on national and international events, the thoughts of local organisations and well-known residents, plus lively letters from locals and visitors.
- Overseas – International news stories with a strong focus on US, Canadian, and UK issues.
- Lifestyle – Focuses on local people, businesses, culture, and environmental issues. Also includes the Bermuda Calendar (local events including theatrical productions, clubs and societies, sporting events, exhibitions etc.), TV listings and reviews, movie news, comic strips, a daily crossword, food recipes, and cinema listings.
- Weather – Local weather forecast including temperature, high and low tides, and times for sunset and sunrise. Also includes weather information for gateway cities and major international capitals.
- Sport – Local and international sports news, with strong focus on local cricket and football, and English football.
- Business – Stock exchange reports including the BSX, local and international business news, commercial real estate news, new start-ups and product launches, local business appointments, earnings reports, and good coverage of local reinsurance and insurance stories.
- Classified Ads – Includes accommodation, real estate, and legal notices. The employment section is excellent and includes the best selection of job advertisements in Bermuda. It’s a great source for finding well-paid positions. Read this and you’ll see lots of vacancies from insurance and reinsurance companies, accountancy firms, banks, IT and telecommunications companies, law firms, and the government. Locally based recruitment consultants also place adverts in this section.
Weekly sections include:
- Tech News (Wednesdays) – Features IT news including new hardware and software releases, social media, and games.
- Body & Soul (Tuesdays) – Offers health and fitness advice, work-outs, and more.
- Young Observer (Thursdays) – Features news about schools and youth groups, things to do for kids, and more.
- Weekender (Saturdays) – Articles about the island’s history and culture, things to do, etc.
- Religion (Saturdays) – Religious news, mainly syndicated articles. Also includes notices from local churches regarding times of services etc.
- Personal Finance (Saturdays) – Section offering investment and financial advice.
An online version of the paper is available here. At the time of writing (August 2013) you can read an exact digital copy of the newspaper by visiting the website and following the ‘Electronic Edition’ link in footer.
The Royal Gazette is owned by Bermuda Press (Holdings) Ltd. The parent company owns various other businesses including the excellent tourist guide This Week In Bermuda.