The Royal Gazette was established in 1828 and is Bermuda’s only daily newspaper. It is published every day except Sundays and public holidays.
With a circulation of around 15,000 it is by far the most read newspaper on the island.
Daily sections include:
- Opinion – the newspaper’s take on national and international events, plus lively letters from locals and visitors
- Overseas – international news stories, strong focus on UK and US issues
- Lifestyle – focuses on local people and businesses- also includes the Bermuda Calendar (local events including theatrical productions, clubs and societies, sporting events, exhibitions etc.), TV guide, comic strips, crossword, and cinema listings
- Weather – local weather forecast, plus details for gateway cities and major international capitals
- Sport – local and international sport, strong focus on local cricket and football, and English football
- Business – stock exchange reports including the BSX, local and international business news, good coverage of reinsurance and insurance stories
- Classified Ads – includes accommodation, real estate, legal notices, and job advertisements
The Royal Gazette is owned by Bermuda Press (Holdings) Ltd.
An online version of the paper is available at www.royalgazette.com. Paid subscriptions to an exact digital copy are also available here.