The Government of Bermuda by far the largest employer on the island, employing more than 1 in 10 of the island’s workforce. Unlike some other offshore jurisdictions, government employees are not exempt from work permit requirements.
Government job openings are diverse but some of the most common include:
- Bermuda Police Service – Despite numerous recruitment campaigns the Bermuda police service has difficulty attracting enough Bermudian applicants. Experienced overseas officers are always required.
- Auditor General – The Office of the Auditor General generally has audit senior and audit manager positions available for suitably qualified accountants.
- Ministry of Finance/Accountant General – Usually has vacancies for management accountants, financial controllers, and other accounting staff.
- Ministry of Health/Bermuda Hospitals Board – Frequent openings for nurses, doctors, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Ministry of Works and Engineering – Jobs for architects, architectural technicians, electrical engineers, engineers etc.
Jobs with the Government of Bermuda are posted on their website.