The Caribbean Princess was launched in 2004 and was specifically designed for the Caribbean market. The ship can accommodate 3,100 passengers, weighs 113,000 tonnes, and boasts 15 passenger decks.
The ship will not visit the island regularly in 2012. Instead she is scheduled to make one visit only, as part of a 4-night cruise to from New York to Bermuda in October.
The Caribbean Princess offers 1,557 cabins and suites (27 suites, 180 mini-suites, 674 balcony cabins, 224 ocean view cabins, and 452 inside cabins).
- Bathroom with shower and complimentary toiletries
- Twin beds convertible to a queen-size bed
- TV with CNN, ESPN etc.
- Multi-channel music system
Suites include the above plus:
- Separate sitting area with sofa bed
- Private balcony
- Additional TV
- Walk-in closet
Princess Cruises offers passengers onboard the Caribbean Princess a choice of 3 main dining rooms (Coral, Island and Palm). The Coral and Palm offer flexible Anytime Dining, while the Island offers Traditional Dining (early seating 6 pm, late seating 8.15 pm). Cover charges apply in Sabatini’s, Crown Grill, and for Ultimate Balcony Dining.
Restaurants and other dining options include:
- Café Caribe – Caribbean-themed buffet restaurant seating 324. Casual. No cover charge. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Coral Dining Room – Main dining room. Seats 486.
- Crown Grill – Premium steaks and seafood. Cover charge.
- Horizon Court – 24-hour buffet, full-service bistro menu offered from 10.30 pm until 4.30 am. Seats 332. Casual. No cover charge.
- Island Dining Room – Main dining room. Seats 486.
- Palm Dining Room – Main dining room. Seats 582.
- Prego – Poolside pizzeria. Casual. No cover charge. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Room Service – Room service menu offered 24 hours. No cover charge.
- Sabatini’s – Italian trattoria-style restaurant. Seats 102. Cover charge. Open for lunch 12 pm to 2 pm (selected sea days) and dinner from 6.30 pm to 11 pm.
- Scoops – Poolside ice cream bar. Nominal charge.
- Trident Grill – Poolside grill offering hot dogs, hamburgers etc. No cover charge. Open from 11 am to midnight.
- Ultimate Balcony Dining – Fresh lobster, steak, etc. served on stateroom balcony. Cover charge. Champagne breakfasts also available.
Entertainment & Public Areas
- Blackbeard’s Bar – Outdoor bar next to Neptune’s Reef and Pool.
- Calypso Bar – Poolside bar.
- Churchill Lounge – Cigar lounge and sports bar. Seats 43.
- Club Fusion – High-tech entertainment venue featuring 42 high-definition video screens and in-table slot machines.
- Crooners – Martini bar offering a menu of more than 50 martinis. Piano player. Seats 53.
- Explorers – Lounge featuring liver entertainment. Seats 292.
- Grand Casino – Features blackjack, Caribbean stud poker, roulette and craps tables plus 260 slot machines.
- Joker’s – Cards and board games.
- Library, The – Reading room featuring a well-stocked library, computer terminals with internet access, and armchairs with CD listening stations.
- Morgan’s Bar – On Deck 17.
- Movies Under the Stars – Watch movies outdoors on 300 square foot LED poolside screen. Classic and new movies. Located on the Sun Deck.
- Outrigger Bar – Overlooks the Terrace Pool.
- Pirate’s View – Whirlpool spa and swimming pool on Deck 17. Next to Morgan’s Bar.
- Princess Theatre – 746-seat theatre offering Broadway-style shows, plus comedy and magic acts.
- Skywalkers – Nightclub at the stern of the ship, suspended 150 ft. above the water.
- Sun Terrace – Sunbathing area on Deck 17.
- Tradewinds – Bar on the Sun Deck.
- Wheelhouse Bar – Nautical-themed bar featuring P&O memorabilia. Seats 103.
- Writing Room
Spa & Fitness
- Calypso Reef & Pool – Pool on the Lido Deck.
- Centre Court – Sports court on Deck 17.
- Cybergolf – 2 golf simulators.
- Jogging Track – 1/8th mile jogging and walking track.
- Lotus Spa – Asian-themed spa and fitness centre. Includes an adults-only swimming pool.
- Neptune’s Reef & Pool – Pool on the Lido Deck.
- Princess Links – 9-hole putting course.
- Sanctuary – Adults-only retreat.
- Shuffle Board
- Terrace Pool – Adults-only pool at the aft of Deck 14.
- Calypso Cove – Duty-free liquor, tobacco, snacks and sundries.
- Essence – Duty-free fragrances and cosmetics.
- Facets – Duty-free jewellery.
- Hearts & Minds – Wedding chapel.
- Internet Café – 24-hour internet access at $0.75 per minute.
- Limelight – Duty-free fashion and accessories.
- Meridian Bay – Duty-free jewellery, watches and accessories.
- Princess Fine Arts Gallery
- Promenade Galleria
Fun Zone/Off Limits – Supervised areas for children and teenagers. Teen disco, video games, splash pool and play areas.
Children under 6 months are not permitted on the Caribbean Princess.