We are searching for a qualified professional to join our client’s team in the role of Portfolio Manager. The role is primarily responsible for conducting analyses to assist underwriters in the selection, assessment and management of risk.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Underwriting decision support and risk modeling
- Maintain a portfolio of catastrophe risks relevant to the US market
- Portfolio analysis and optimization
- Contribute to the development of standard risk modeling protocols and, the analysis of underwriting information regarding the underlying exposure data and contracts
- Maintain a close involvement with the Actuarial department to continuously improve pricing and return on capital tools
- Manage and train other Risk Modelers on the various models by maintaining a thorough understanding the various parts of an insurance/reinsurance submission workflow and different lines of business
- Assist with the process of maintaining, evaluating, enhancing & developing models as required
- Represent the catastrophe modeling analyst’s perspective in underwriting meetings and client meetings as required
- Act as a facilitator between catastrophe modeling analysis, underwriting analysis and technical product development
We are looking for as much as possible of the following in a preferred candidate:
- 5 years of professional experience using Property Catastrophe Risk Modeling Software in a team oriented underwriting environment
- Experience and/or accredited training with AIR and RMS
- Completed University degree in a relevant subject (math or science).
- Computer programming experience would be an asset (SQL, Matlab, or Perl)
- Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills are required
Compensation and career potential will be attractive for the right individual. Bermuda is a low tax environment with 5.25% (maximum) tax deduction.