This video shows some of the attractions and things to do at King’s Wharf/Heritage Wharf in Bermuda. The area is known locally as the Royal Naval Dockyard or simply Dockyard. It was formerly a base for the British Royal Navy. Now it is the main dock for cruise ships visiting the island. They dock at King’s Wharf or Heritage Wharf (next to each other).
Attractions and places shown include:
- Clocktower Mall (0:53) – Distinctive shopping mall home to a variety of stores.
- Makin’ Waves (1:18) – Large store selling beach gear, swimwear, snorkel gear, sunglasses etc.
- Dockyard Pharmacy (1:22) – Large pharmacy offering prescription and over-the-counter medications, health products, souvenirs, gifts, snacks and beverages, books, newspapers, magazines, phone cards, stamps, Cuban cigars etc.
- Bermuda Clayworks (1:27) – Watch skilled artisans create ceramic pieces.
- Dockyard Glassworks (1:36) – Watch glassblowers at work and purchase the final product from the adjoining gallery.
- Bermuda Rum Cake Company (1:44) – Bakes and sells rum cakes made with Gosling’s rum.
- Dockyard Pastry Shop (1:53) – Serves fresh pastries, deserts, afternoon tea, coffee, and more.
- KS Watersports (2:38) – Jet ski tours.
- Dolphin Quest (3:03) – Swim and interact with dolphins.
- Frog & Onion (3:27) – British-style pub with games room and terrace. Serves beers from its own microbrewery.
- Freeport Seafood Restaurant (4:03) – Seafood restaurant near the entrance to the Royal Naval Dockyard.
- Bone Fish Bar & Grill (4:12) – Restaurant opposite the cruise ship terminals. Offers live entertainment and dancing most nights throughout the summer.
- Café Amici (4:20) – Italian restaurant in the Clocktower Mall.
- Royal Naval Cemetery (4.32) – Memorials to Royal Navy personnel that died in Bermuda.
- Snorkel Park (5:20) – Beach with bar and grill, water sports rentals, volleyball court.
- Segway Tours of Bermuda (5:44) – Take a guided tour of Dockyard on a Segway.
- Bermuda Fun Golf (6:23) – Mini golf course.
- National Museum of Bermuda (6:51) – Museum exploring the history of the island.
- TBi WiFi (7:27) – Wireless internet access.
- Bermuda Craft Market (7:51) – Co-operative selling the work of over 60 artisans.
- Bermuda Arts Centre (8:07) – Features the work of local artists.
- Neptune Cinema (8:35) – Movie theatre.
The quickest way to get to and from Hamilton is by ferry. The journey takes around 20 minutes.