Attractions and Activities
The parish is home to a wealth of attractions, many of them connected to the area’s rich history:
- Alexandra Battery – fort
- Bermuda National Trust Museum – includes an exhibition exploring Bermuda’s role in the American Civil War
- Bermuda Perfumery – perfume exhibition and sales, on Queen Street in the centre of the Town of St George
- Bermudian Heritage Museum – explores the history of black Bermudians, located at the intersection of Water Street and York Street in the Town of St George
- Carter House – 17th century stone house, good example of early Bermudian architecture
- Clearwater Beach – beach and park on St David’s Island
- Deliverance – replica of the Deliverance
- Fort St Catherine – impressive fort and museum
- Mid Ocean Club – exclusive golf club
- Nonsuch Island – nature reserve (restricted access)
- Old Rectory – great example of early Bermudian architecture
- Old State House – the oldest building in Bermuda, site of the annual Peppercorn Ceremony
- St George’s Golf Club – closed July 2008
- St George’s Historical Society Museum – museum exploring early Bermudian life, on Featherbed Alley in the Town of St George
- St Peter’s Church – historic church
- Tobacco Bay – great beach for snorkelling
- Tucker’s Point Golf Club – golf course
- Tucker House Museum – explores life in old Bermuda
- Unfinished Church – exactly as it says on the tin
- World Heritage Centre – 19th century building restored by the St George’s Foundation, houses several exhibits, located at Penno’s Wharf in the Town of St George
Accommodation in St George’s Parish includes Aunt Nea’s Inn in the town of St George.
Transport – Ferries, Buses
On weekdays throughout the year a ferry service operates between the Town of St George and Hamilton. It caters to workers travelling to the capital and leaves at 7.40 am, arriving in Hamilton at 8.20 am. The return ferry departs from Hamilton at 5.20 pm, arriving at the Town of St George at 6 pm.
Between mid-April and mid-November a ferry aimed at visitors, sails several times each weekday between Hamilton, Royal Naval Dockyard, and the Town of St George.
Buses 1, 3, 10, and 11 run between Hamilton and the Town of St George. Each route is different but all stop at LF Wade International Airport (airline passengers note suitcases and large items of luggage not allowed on buses).
Bus 6 transports passengers between the Town of St George and St David’s.
Interactive map of St George’s Parish. Click on any icon for further information.