The Bermuda Craft Market is a great place to come and buy original Bermuda crafts, gifts, and souvenirs. It was established in 1987 and is situated in a historic building at the Royal Naval Dockyard.
A diverse range of talented crafters and artisans showcase their works here. Most are Bermudian or have strong ties to the island. They include Lynn Morrell (Bermuda inspired silver jewellery), Christine Wellman (ceramics), Llewellyn Emery (cedar products), Ronnie Chameau (banana leaf and palm dolls), Gail Graham (needlework and embroidery), Heidi Augustinovic (shell ornaments), and Don and Frances Mason (lapidary). On many days they can be found at their tables demonstrating their skills.
The market is also a good place to buy postcards, maps, and books about Bermuda’s history, architecture, wildlife, and more.
A wide selection of Bermudian foods and condiments is available here. Gombey Pepper Jams from the Bermuda Jam Factory, Outerbridge’s Original Sherry Peppers Sauce, Barritt’s Ginger Beer, and Horton’s Original Bermuda Black Rum Cake are just a few of the products for sale.
The Bermuda Craft Market is situated on Freeport Road at Royal Naval Dockyard. It’s just a short walk from the cruise ship docks at Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf. The Bermuda Arts Centre and the Frog and Onion Pub are next to the market.
The Bermuda Craft Market is open 7 days a week. Opening times in the winter months (November to March) are 10 am to 5 pm. In the summer months opening hours are 9 am to 6 pm (8 pm when cruise ships are in port).
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bermuda Craft Market include:
- Dolphin Quest (0.0 miles) - Swim with dolphins
- Bermuda Arts Centre (0.0 miles) - Art gallery at the Royal Naval Dockyard
- National Museum of Bermuda (0.1 miles) - Explores the island's history
- Snorkel Park Beach (0.1 miles) - Beach at the Royal Naval Dockyard
- Bermuda Fun Golf (0.1 miles) - Mini golf course at Royal Naval Dockyard
- Clocktower Mall (0.2 miles) - Shopping centre at Dockyard
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bermuda Craft Market include:
- Frog and Onion Pub (0 miles) - Large pub at Royal Naval Dockyard. Founded by a Frenchman and a Bermudian (the Frog and the Onion). Housed in an old-barrel making building. Features a games room. Close to the Bermuda Arts Centre, Bermuda Craft Market, and the National Museum of Bermuda. Within easy walking distance of the cruise terminals.
- The Dockyard Pastry Shop (0.1 miles) - Cafe at Royal Naval Dockyard. Offers afternoon tea, light lunches, gourmet sandwiches, pastries, wine, beer, and cocktails. Dine indoors or on the terrace. Close to the cruise terminals.
- Bone Fish Bar and Grill (0.1 miles) - Bar and restaurant at Royal Naval Dockyard. Close to the cruise terminals. Live entertainment in the summer.
- Alex and Pete's Bermuda Artisan Ice Cream (0.1 miles) - Offers locally-made ice cream.
- Cafe Amici (0.2 miles) - Casual Italian restaurant in the Clocktower Mall at Royal Naval Dockyard. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Anchor Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge (0.3 miles) - Casual restaurant near the entrance to Royal Naval Dockyard.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Bermuda Craft Market include:
- Dockyard Ferry (0.1 miles) - Ferry stop serving Royal Naval Dockyard.
Map showing location of Bermuda Craft Market.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Bermuda Craft Market
Maritime Lane, Royal Naval Dockyard