Blue Hole Park is a 12 acre nature reserve located just off Blue Hole Hill before the Causeway and opposite the Grotto Bay Beach Resort hotel. The park has adequate parking and restrooms.
A clearly identifiable trail ensures trouble-free navigation of the park. Several points of interest off the main artery are clearly marked. A former mangrove pond, used as a garbage dump until the 1970’s, has been restored by the Bermuda Audubon Society to a wetland habitat. They also built an observation post where you can inconspicuously watch the bird life which the park attracts. Visitors can also marvel in the fairytale setting of the Blue Grotto. Stand on the wooden platform and lose yourself staring into the deep blue waters that fill this sunken cave. A limestone cavern, Causeway Cave, is immersed in lush sub-tropical vegetation.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Blue Hole Park include:
- Crystal Caves (0.2 miles) - The most famous caves in Bermuda
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Blue Hole Park include:
- Cafe Ole (0.2 miles) - Family-run cafe at the Crystal Caves. Offers burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads etc.
- Tom Moore's Tavern (0.2 miles) - Fine dining restaurant. Situated in a waterside home built in 1652. Named after Thomas Moore. The Irish poet stayed here in 1804.
- Swizzle Inn at Baileys Bay (0.3 miles) - Pub in Hamilton Parish. The birthplace of Bermuda’s national drink; the rum swizzle, and the island’s most famous watering hole. Offers live entertainment in the summer. Close to Grotto Bay Beach Resort, the Crystal Caves, and Blue Hole Park.
- Bailey's Ice Cream (0.3 miles) - Ice cream parlour near Grotto Bay Beach Resort and the Crystal Caves.
- Island Brasserie (0.8 miles) - Elegant colonial style dining room at the Rosewood Bermuda. Features original murals from the Pan Am Building (now MetLife) in New York.
Hotels near Blue Hole Park include:
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort (0.3 miles)
- Rosewood Bermuda (0.9 miles)
Map showing location of Blue Hole Park.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Blue Hole Park
Blue Hole Hill