The Clocktower Mall is one of the most impressive buildings at the Royal Naval Dockyard.
It was built in 1856 as a warehouse for the Royal Navy in Bermuda and features two one hundred foot clock towers. One tells the actual time, while the other gives the time of high tide.
Today, it houses a good selection of galleries and shops, including branches of some of Bermuda’s larger stores.
Shops and businesses here include:
|AS Cooper & Sons||Branch of one of Bermuda’s best known department stores.|
|Bermuda Shop||Gift store operated by Bermudian artist Carole Holding.|
|Bermuda Triangle||Gift and souvenir shop. Stocks hand-painted wood carvings, jewellery, candles, t-shirts, magnets, etc.|
|Calypso||Ladies clothing and accessories.|
|Crisson Jewellers||Fine jewellery and watches, Bermuda-inspired charms, necklaces and bracelets.|
|Davison’s of Bermuda||Casual sportswear, t-shirts, jackets, etc.|
|Dockyard Linen||Bermuda tablecloths, table mats, tea towels etc.|
|ER Aubrey||Branch of one of Bermuda’s best known jewellers.|
|Fair Trade Bermuda Shop||Unique items from Bermuda and around the world.|
|Grand Bazaar||Colourful store selling goods from Turkey – handmade carpets, handing lanterns, jewellery, shawls, cushion covers etc.|
|Lisa-Anne Rego Gallery||Images of Bermuda by local artist Lisa-Anne Rego – originals, prints and cards.|
|Littlest Drawbridge||Offers Bermuda gifts and souvenirs including items made from Bermuda cedar. Also sells Cuban cigars.|
|Perfume Shop||Fragrances at duty free prices. Brands include Bermuda Blue and Bermuda Breeze, and Lili Bermuda by the Bermuda Perfumery.|
|Sidekicks||Sells football shirts, kits, hats, scarves, flags, posters etc. for Premiership teams and major European clubs.|
The Clocktower Mall is air-conditioned throughout. Facilities include a Butterfield ATM and public restrooms.
The mall is open 7 days a week throughout the year. In the cruise ship season (April to November) it’s open from 9 am to 6 pm. Winter opening times are 11 am to 4 pm.
Visitors travelling wishing to travel here by public transport can catch the bus or ferry. Buses travelling to Dockyard are services 7 and 8. Both depart from the bus station in Hamilton and stop outside the mall.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Clocktower Mall include:
- Bermuda Craft Market (0.2 miles) - Art and craft market at Dockyard
- Dolphin Quest (0.2 miles) - Swim with dolphins
- Bermuda Arts Centre (0.2 miles) - Art gallery at the Royal Naval Dockyard
- Bermuda Fun Golf (0.3 miles) - Mini golf course at Royal Naval Dockyard
- Snorkel Park Beach (0.3 miles) - Beach at the Royal Naval Dockyard
- National Museum of Bermuda (0.3 miles) - Explores the island's history
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Clocktower Mall include:
- Cafe Amici (0 miles) - Casual Italian restaurant in the Clocktower Mall at Royal Naval Dockyard. Indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Anchor Restaurant, Bar, and Lounge (0.1 miles) - Casual restaurant near the entrance to Royal Naval Dockyard.
- Alex and Pete's Bermuda Artisan Ice Cream (0.1 miles) - Offers locally-made ice cream.
- Bone Fish Bar and Grill (0.1 miles) - Bar and restaurant at Royal Naval Dockyard. Close to the cruise terminals. Live entertainment in the summer.
- The Dockyard Pastry Shop (0.1 miles) - Cafe at Royal Naval Dockyard. Offers afternoon tea, light lunches, gourmet sandwiches, pastries, wine, beer, and cocktails. Dine indoors or on the terrace. Close to the cruise terminals.
- Frog and Onion Pub (0.2 miles) - Large pub at Royal Naval Dockyard. Founded by a Frenchman and a Bermudian (the Frog and the Onion). Housed in an old-barrel making building. Features a games room. Close to the Bermuda Arts Centre, Bermuda Craft Market, and the National Museum of Bermuda. Within easy walking distance of the cruise terminals.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Clocktower Mall include:
- Dockyard Ferry (0.1 miles) - Ferry stop serving Royal Naval Dockyard.
Map showing location of Clocktower Mall.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Royal Naval Dockyard