Despite the strong competition, Jobson’s Cove gets our vote as the most beautiful beach in Bermuda. The pink sands of the small beach lead down to a small cove, almost completely enclosed by cliffs and separate from the open sea.
Protected from the ocean, the crystal clear waters of Jobson’s Cove are extremely calm (there’s a current near the opening to the sea). Shallow in most places and with a sandy bottom it’s the perfect place to let the kids snorkel and see Bermuda’s colourful marine life.
It’s possible to climb up the cliffs and get great views of the ocean, the cove, and the beach at Warwick Long Bay. Steps have been hewn into the rocks but it’s still quite dangerous. Take your camera, but watch your step. You’ll be rewarded with some wonderful photographic opportunities.
Jobson’s Cove is situated in Warwick. It’s part of South Shore Park, a coastal park with some of the island’s best beaches. They are all linked by a trail running through the dunes behind them. Warwick Long Bay is immediately east of the cove. Walk west and you’ll come to Stonehole Bay, Chaplin Bay, and Horseshoe Bay.
To get to Jobson’s Cove take bus number 7 from either Hamilton or Dockyard (Heritage Wharf and Kings Wharf). There’s plenty of free parking for those travelling by scooter. Toilets can be found at Warwick Long Bay.
The beach here is also one of the island’s most beautiful outdoor wedding venues. To book it, contact the Department of Parks or a wedding planner. This gallery of photos will give you an idea of how the cove is typically set up for a wedding ceremony.
As noted above the beach is one of the best on the island for children. Others include the Baby Beach at Horseshoe Bay, Clarence Cove at Admiralty House Park, Tobacco Bay Beach, Turtle Beach, and Clearwater Beach.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Jobson’s Cove include:
- Chaplin Bay (0.1 miles) - Quiet beach
- Warwick Long Bay (0.3 miles) - The longest beach in Bermuda
- Horseshoe Bay (0.6 miles) - Bermuda's most popular beach
- Astwood Cove & Park (0.8 miles) - Small secluded beach
- Warwick Pond (1.0 miles) - National Trust woodland
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Jobson’s Cove include:
- Gulfstream (0.6 miles) - Casual restaurant near the entrance to Horseshoe Bay (in the building previously occupied by Tio Pepe). Not too far from the Fairmont Southampton.
- Rum Bum Beach Bar (0.7 miles) - Beach bar at Horseshoe Bay Beach. Offers burgers, chicken, sandwiches, wraps, ice cream, beer, cocktails etc.
- Ocean Club (0.8 miles) - Seafood restaurant at the Fairmont Southampton. Terrace offers wonderful ocean views. Reservations recommended.
- Mediterra (0.8 miles) - Mediterranean restaurant in the lobby of the Fairmont Southampton. Nautical décor. Formerly the Newport Room.
- Windows on the Sound (0.8 miles) - Restaurant at the Fairmont Southampton. Offers an extensive breakfast buffet and Sunday brunches.
- Jasmine Cocktail Bar and Lounge (0.8 miles) - Lounge at the Fairmont Southampton. Live entertainment.
- Waterlot Inn (0.9 miles) - Elegant steakhouse in a 17th century cottage. Located on the dock at Jews Bay. Part of the Fairmont Southampton. Reservations required.
- Boundary Sports Bar and Grille (1 miles) - Friendly sports bar at the Fairmont Southampton. Big screen TVs show NFL and Premier League games.
Hotels near Jobson’s Cove include:
- Fairmont Southampton (0.8 miles)
Map showing location of Jobson’s Cove.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Off South Road