The Bermuda Society of Arts (BSoA) is a non-profit organisation that aims to encourage arts and the development of artists in Bermuda. It boasts a membership of over 400 Bermudians and expatriates.
Its gallery features a rolling programme of exhibitions featuring the work of local artists, college students, and others. Workshops, drawing sessions and more are also offered. Visit the official website for details of what’s on.
ArtMart offers visitors the opportunity to purchase unique Bermudian art, jewellery, pottery, crafts, books, and more. Some of the island’s best artists sell their work here.
New residents with an interest in the arts are welcome to become members. For a small annual fee they receive invitations to events, discounts at local art and photography stores, and the opportunity to showcase their work at the gallery.
Opening times are 10 am to 4 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturdays. The gallery is closed on Sundays and national holidays.
The Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery is based on the upper floor of City Hall on Church Street in the centre of Hamilton. It’s right next to the island’s main bus station and just a short walk from the ferry terminal.
After your visit, you can pop into the Bermuda National Gallery. It’s situated in the same building. Other attractions nearby include the Perot Post Office, the Bermuda Historical Society Museum, Par-la-Ville Park, and Bermuda Cathedral.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery include:
- Bermuda National Gallery (0.0 miles) - Home of the national art collection
- City Hall and Arts Centre (0.0 miles) - Impressive building housing the offices of the Corporation of Hamilton
- Victoria Park (0.1 miles) - Hamilton park
- Bermuda Historical Society Museum (0.1 miles) - Museum illustrating Bermuda's history
- Perot Post Office (0.1 miles) - The best place in Bermuda to send postcards
- Bermuda Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Offers great views of Hamilton
- Queen Elizabeth Park (0.2 miles) - Park in Hamilton
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery include:
- La Trattoria (0.1 miles) - Family-friendly Italian restaurant in the centre of Hamilton. Known for its pizzas; cooked in a wood-burning brick oven.
- Devil's Isle (0.1 miles) - Busy cafe and bar in Hamilton. Hip and casual.
- Angelo's Bistro (0.1 miles) - Italian cafe in the Walker Arcade in Hamilton. Indoor or atrium seating. Italian food with a local twist.
- Hog Penny (0.1 miles) - British-style pub just off Front Street. Cosy wooden interior. Reputed to be the inspiration for the Cheers pub in Boston. Live music in the evenings.
- Barracuda Grill (0.1 miles) - Seafood restaurant in Hamilton, just off Front Street. Specialises in seafood but also offers meat options. Located above the Hog Penny pub.
- The Pickled Onion (0.1 miles) - Bar and restaurant on Front Street, Hamilton. Veranda offers excellent view of Hamilton Harbour. Live music and DJs.
- The Terrace on Front Street (0.2 miles) - Restaurant on Front Street. Outdoor terrace has fantastic views of Front Street and Hamilton Harbour. Formerly Red Steakhouse.
- Lobster Pot (0.2 miles) - Seafood restaurant established in 1973. Close to Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Flanagan's (0.2 miles) - Irish pub located in a prime spot on Front Street in Hamilton. Veranda offers excellent views of Hamilton Harbour. Incorporates a separate sports bar.
- Little Venice (0.2 miles) - Founded in 1971, the Little Venice is Bermuda’s oldest Italian restaurant.
- L'Oriental (0.2 miles) - Asian fusion restaurant in Hamilton’s business district. Best known for its sushi and teppanyaki. Situated above the Little Venice.
- Rock Island Coffee (0.2 miles) - Coffeeshop in Hamilton known for its delicious baked goods. Walls display works by local artists.
- Ruby Murrys (0.2 miles) - Indian restaurant just off Front Street. Reasonable prices.
- Mad Hatters (0.2 miles) - Innovative restaurant offering an eclectic menu. Restaurant is loosely theme around Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Diners can don one of their wacky hats for the night. Located in Pembroke, near the Robin Hood pub, and just a short walk from Hamilton.
- The Astwood Arms (0.2 miles) - British style pub on Hamilton’s main street. Friendly staff. Live music and NFL/Premier League games.
- Portofino (0.2 miles) - Established Italian restaurant in Hamilton’s business district.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery include:
- Central Bus Terminal (0.0 miles) - Bus station in Hamilton.
Map showing location of Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery
City Hall, Church Street