Victoria Park is a public park in the City of Hamilton. It was opened in 1889 by the Corporation of Hamilton to mark the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.
The park features attractive flower gardens, winding paths, and mature trees. A large lawn features a beautiful cast iron bandstand dating back to the opening. In 2008 it was shipped to a foundry in Scotland to be restored to its original state. It returned to the island the following year in time for the Bermuda’s 400th anniversary celebrations.
The park is frequently used as a venue for outdoor events.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Victoria Park include:
- Bermuda National Gallery (0.1 miles) - Home of the national art collection
- City Hall and Arts Centre (0.1 miles) - Impressive building housing the offices of the Corporation of Hamilton
- Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery (0.1 miles) - Art gallery at City Hall
- Bermuda Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Offers great views of Hamilton
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Victoria Park include:
- La Trattoria (0.1 miles) - Family-friendly Italian restaurant in the centre of Hamilton. Known for its pizzas; cooked in a wood-burning brick oven.
- Devil's Isle (0.1 miles) - Busy cafe and bar in Hamilton. Hip and casual.
- Hog Penny (0.2 miles) - British-style pub just off Front Street. Cosy wooden interior. Reputed to be the inspiration for the Cheers pub in Boston. Live music in the evenings.
- Barracuda Grill (0.2 miles) - Seafood restaurant in Hamilton, just off Front Street. Specialises in seafood but also offers meat options. Located above the Hog Penny pub.
- Rock Island Coffee (0.2 miles) - Coffeeshop in Hamilton known for its delicious baked goods. Walls display works by local artists.
Nearby Transport Links
Transport links near Victoria Park include:
- Central Bus Terminal (0.1 miles) - Bus station in Hamilton.
Map showing location of Victoria Park.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.