No medals, big hats or any other prizes will be given to persons guessing that this beach is long (by Bermudian standards) and situated in Warwick Parish. With more than half a mile of uninterrupted pink sand it’s the most easterly of the beaches of South Shore Park and the longest in Bermuda.
Although open and exposed to southerly winds, the waves are generally moderate due to the nearby reef. The many broilers found at the reef are an interesting feature. Warwick Long Bay is rarely busy and attracts the local dog-walking, jogging and walking fraternities. Visitors frequently have the beach to themselves.
The beach is backed by scrubland and grasses. A path runs through this area taking you to Jobson’s Cove, Horseshoe Bay and the other beaches of South Shore Park. Go for a stroll. You won’t regret it. Jobson’s Cove is particularly picturesque.
The main entrance is at the west end of beach. The short road winds down to a car park providing easy access to both Warwick Long Bay and Jobson Cove. There are public restrooms here and in the summer there’s a concession that sells drinks, hot dogs and other snacks.
There’s also an entrance at the eastern end of the beach. There’s also parking here plus a children’s playground with a climbing frame, slides, and swings.
Bus number 7 runs between Hamilton and Dockyard and stops near both entrances.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Warwick Long Bay include:
- Jobson’s Cove (0.3 miles) - Picturesque beach
- Chaplin Bay (0.4 miles) - Quiet beach
- Astwood Cove & Park (0.6 miles) - Small secluded beach
- Warwick Pond (0.8 miles) - National Trust woodland
- Horseshoe Bay (0.8 miles) - Bermuda's most popular beach
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Warwick Long Bay include:
- Gulfstream (0.8 miles) - Casual restaurant near the entrance to Horseshoe Bay (in the building previously occupied by Tio Pepe). Not too far from the Fairmont Southampton.
- Rum Bum Beach Bar (1 miles) - Beach bar at Horseshoe Bay Beach. Offers burgers, chicken, sandwiches, wraps, ice cream, beer, cocktails etc.
Map showing location of Warwick Long Bay.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Warwick Long Bay
Off South Road