All buses in Bermuda, with the exception of those on Route 6, depart from the Central Bus Terminal in Hamilton.
The $3 million bus station opened in 2006. It’s official title is the Hubert W ‘Sparky’ Lightbourne Central Terminal. It was named after a former bus driver famous for his legendary tours of the island.
The terminal isn’t large. It consists of just a dozen bays and a ticket office. A canopy offers cover from any rain.
Bus tickets, tokens, and transportation passes can be purchased here. Bus schedules are also available.
The office is open Monday to Friday 7.15 am to 7 pm, Saturday 8 am to 6.30 pm, and Sundays and public holidays 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
It’s situated on Washington Street in the centre of Hamilton, just off Church Street and next to City Hall.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Central Bus Terminal include:
- Bermuda National Gallery (0.0 miles) - Home of the national art collection
- City Hall and Arts Centre (0.0 miles) - Impressive building housing the offices of the Corporation of Hamilton
- Bermuda Society of Arts Gallery (0.0 miles) - Art gallery at City Hall
- Victoria Park (0.1 miles) - Hamilton park
- Bermuda Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Offers great views of Hamilton
- Bermuda Historical Society Museum (0.1 miles) - Museum illustrating Bermuda's history
- Perot Post Office (0.2 miles) - The best place in Bermuda to send postcards
- Queen Elizabeth Park (0.2 miles) - Park in Hamilton
- Sessions House (0.2 miles) - Bermuda's parliament
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Central Bus Terminal include:
- La Trattoria (0.1 miles) - Family-friendly Italian restaurant in the centre of Hamilton. Known for its pizzas; cooked in a wood-burning brick oven.
- Devil's Isle (0.1 miles) - Busy cafe and bar in Hamilton. Hip and casual.
- Hog Penny (0.1 miles) - British-style pub just off Front Street. Cosy wooden interior. Reputed to be the inspiration for the Cheers pub in Boston. Live music in the evenings.
- Barracuda Grill (0.1 miles) - Seafood restaurant in Hamilton, just off Front Street. Specialises in seafood but also offers meat options. Located above the Hog Penny pub.
- Angelo's Bistro (0.1 miles) - Italian cafe in the Walker Arcade in Hamilton. Indoor or atrium seating. Italian food with a local twist.
- The Terrace on Front Street (0.1 miles) - Restaurant on Front Street. Outdoor terrace has fantastic views of Front Street and Hamilton Harbour. Formerly Red Steakhouse.
- The Pickled Onion (0.1 miles) - Bar and restaurant on Front Street, Hamilton. Veranda offers excellent view of Hamilton Harbour. Live music and DJs.
- Rock Island Coffee (0.1 miles) - Coffeeshop in Hamilton known for its delicious baked goods. Walls display works by local artists.
- Flanagan's (0.1 miles) - Irish pub located in a prime spot on Front Street in Hamilton. Veranda offers excellent views of Hamilton Harbour. Incorporates a separate sports bar.
- Ruby Murrys (0.2 miles) - Indian restaurant just off Front Street. Reasonable prices.
- The Astwood Arms (0.2 miles) - British style pub on Hamilton’s main street. Friendly staff. Live music and NFL/Premier League games.
- The Dog House (0.2 miles) - Popular bar on Front Street. Live music and Premier League/NFL games. Outdoor terrace.
- Bolero Brasserie (0.2 miles) - Upscale brasserie on Hamilton’s main street. Chef owned. Offers a small balcony with view of Front Street and Hamilton Harbour.
Map showing location of Central Bus Terminal.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Central Bus Terminal